2 October 2015

ALEXA CHUNG IT BOOK REVIEW


I've been looking forward to getting my hands on Alexa Chung's book IT for quite some time and shamefully, I choose books by their covers and the faded pink binding made it irresistible to me. Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to IT. Me personally, I can't seem to relate to Alexa in any way but I adore her effortless chic ways and her IT girl status makes her probably one of the coolest fashion icons in history. The best way to describe this book is that it's an autobiography/diary with the occasional 'how to look effortless and it actually be effortless' makeup/styling tips that Alexa 'spontaneously' threw together into a book in one day. It's cool and also totally uncool. The book includes a lot of random drawings that represent that grungy/dark and dirty side to her. I read it overnight, but there's something strangely alluring about it that makes me want to read it again. I love the cover, but the content just isn't to my taste, but if I were to write a book it would most definitely be pink too.





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Becky Padgett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig